Wednesday, May 06, 2009

090506EDiM


090506EDiM
Originally uploaded by BYarborough
I was going to sketch and paint the loaf of Artisan Bread I baked today, but when I saw my Christmas cactus with a BLOOM, I knew it would be my EDiM post. This poor plant is so neglected, and yet it just thrives. Sometimes I don't water it until it's bone dry and the leaves are wilted. It is in the formal living area of my house and I don't go in there often, so "out of sight, out of mind." The only houseplants that do well for me are the ones that seem to like to be left alone. This past Christmas it displayed the most profuse bloom ever. Of course, it's almost time to repot it and that's why it bloomed so well!
It's in my Raffine ArtSketch book and I used the Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Crayons. I'm kind of liking the watersoluble crayons in this sketchbook, don't like them AT ALL in the Moley Sketchbook!

1 comment:

K said...

Brenda, how great that you’re in the EveryDay in May challenge! I love when people set goals like that. And thanks for the tip, too, about the Neocolor crayons not working so well in a Moley. I’ve got an Aquabee - I’ll have to try them in there.