Sunday, July 27, 2008


Blooming Desert on Yupo
Originally uploaded by BYarborough
DS Paints on Yupo 9 x 12. I saw some of Kevin Davidson's work on Friday at the Laguna Beach Art-A-Fair and absolutely LOVED what he is doing on this support! I started this piece out trying to emulate his lovely handling of watercolor on Yupo and failed. I reverted back to mixing a little bit of George James' and Taylor Ikin's techniques. I'm not giving up -- but absolutely couldn't get his clean strokes and oh-so-light layering on this piece. I think I need to use a very simple composition --which believe it or not, I thought I was doing with this desert scene. . . but it grew and grew and grew. LOL! The photo ref just had some sage and distant junipers. . . I decided it was going to BLOOM.

1 comment:

Michele Traum - Artist said...

I love this - beautiful colors!

Michele