Friday, October 02, 2009

Fall Creek - WMO on Yupo

Another Fall painting using the water miscible oils on Yupo. I tried doing the "water" on this with the George James' Yupo watercolor technique of smoothing with a sponge roller. It took several tries and I'm still not 100% happy with it. Watering down the oils works very similar to watercolor, so I'm eager to try some other watercolor techniques with it, I just don't want to get too overboard or I might as well work with watercolors on the Yupo! A fun painting and probably the last I'll have time to work on for a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

...I love the warm, autumn colors! Makes me think of the U.P. of Michigan in mid-late October!

Anonymous said...

What striking fall colours!! I've never worked in this medium, but it seems pretty complicated to me?
Ronelle