Easter Lily 2008
I'm a day late - but Happy Easter everyone!! This painting gave me FITS!! It's on canson block using DS paints. I completely covered the background with graphite pencil first, then laid in two layers of indigo paint--wanted it as close to black as I could get. That part was successful. I painted the leaves next and that went okay. I erased my pencil lines on the flowers before I started painting them and THAT'S where I ran into trouble. I'm pleased with the lower two flowers and with the bud behind the middle flower, but the flower on top!! Ohmygoodness!! I had such a time especially with the lower petal and I've overworked it and absolutely can't scrub out and start over ANYMORE - so this is it.