Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Pt Arena Lighthouse - Second Attempt
This is a redo where I applied the suggestions made by Kate Johnson in the watercolor pencil class. I raised the waterline to be a little bit above the landline and lowered the lighthouse so it wasn't topping the edge of the paper. This one is not totally done in watercolor pencil. It is DS Watercolor paint and Derwent Graphitint pencils done on Lama Li paper. The only area where I used the pencils is the cliff, the rest of it (including the rocks in the water) were done with tube paint. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the pencils worked on the Lama Li! I really, really like the graphitint pencils for certain subjects and I like my Lama Li!! What a wonderful union - LOL.

2 comments:

Tami said...

I like the composition it this one better, but didn't have a problem with the first one. LOVE those colors in your rocks and tone of the sea!

Tami said...

Wish you were here too, we could have a great time painting Battery Point! I'll be looking forward to your version of it! I thought about re-doing mine on WC paper.