Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008 ART GOALS

Stuffed French Toast Casserole This is a photo I took of one of the Christmas Breakfast dishes I make. It is a family favorite that I absolutely MUST prepare each year, at least according to my DH, DS and SIL! We women like it too, but the men practically fight over getting their fair share. It is appropriate to post today because it represents one of my art goals for 2008. Speaking of goals, I've finally fine-tuned my list. This year, I am wiser and remembered to work on ALL my goal lists at the same time so I wouldn't get carried away in just one area of my life. I prefer goals over resolutions, resolutions always seemed to set me up for failure. Or rather, I set MYSELF up for failure. The pastor of my church has a saying (and I don't remember who the original author of this is) and it is "he who aims at nothing hits it every time." That really sums up goal setting for me!
Here's my 2008 Art Goal List:

1 - Set up a Food Blog that will be illustrated with sketches/paintings/photos. Publish the blog for Christmas gift giving. If I don't have it complete for Christmas 2008, then I'll shoot for Christmas 2009. For years now I've had family and friends urging me to write a cookbook. Ronell's http://myfrenchkitchen.wordpress.com/ is my inspiration to do this cookbook in a blog format. Thanks, Ronell!!

2 - Continue participating in the "painting a week" group that was started off of Kate Johnson's alumni group.

3 - Continue working through art books, dvds, and online classes.

4 - Get out and do more plein aire.

That's it!!

Happy New Year to each and every one of you! Here's wishing us all a very blessed 2008!!!

10 comments:

Lin said...

Terrific and very reasonable goals, BRen!!! I can't wait to join the foodblog!! And errr... by the way ... do you have the recipe for that decadent looking breakfast???!!! LOL HAPPY 2008!!!!

Teri said...

Wonderful goals Brenda. And the food blog sounds so interesting. And, like Lin said, um, do you have the recipe to share?

Brenda Yarborough said...

The recipe for Stuffed French Toast Casserole will be in the first entry of the new food blog. Hopefully, I'll finish my preplanning for this blog and get it up within a week.

bettyfromtexas said...

These are such fantastic goals! I think that 2008 is going to be a great art year for us all; I look forward to it!!! Happy New Year, Brenda :-)

Irena said...

What great goals Brenda, especially the cookbook! Will you do illustrations of the recipe or photo's?

Happy New Year!

Tami said...

Glad I wasn't the only one wondering about a recipe...Grin...

A blog/illustrated cookbook sounds like a terrific goal! I'm looking forward to it.

caseytoussaint said...

Excellent goals, Brenda. I like the painting a week idea - I'll have to look into that! Looking forward to following your art and food blogs this year, and to being classmates again, doing watercolor pencils this time!

Anonymous said...

Great goals Brenda...I feel honoured for inspiring you. I'll be checking in often to see how it goes. what a great idea to publish it end of the year for gifts...you have just inpsired me too now! This toast casserole looks SO tempting...hope we'll get to see the recipe on your foodblog?
good luck with all your goals!
Ronell

Anonymous said...

Now I only see the answer to my unnecessary question, I didn't read the comments first(quite late night here...) so I'm looking forward to seeing this first entry, you're entering the food world with flair!
ronell

Tracey Latorelli said...

This piece speaks to me. I love the way the gate is shadowed and the texture in the trees. You do lovely work.