Saturday, September 02, 2006


L E Smith Amberina Vase in the Heritage Pattern. The September theme for the online watercolor painting group is "containers." This is my first work for the month. A couple of years ago, I decided to redo all my family room decor and I went NUTS buying L. E. Smith and L. G. Wright pressed glass items on ebay! I absolutely love my traditional family room with vintage and art deco accessories. While they will certainly be a challenge to paint, I'm planning on doing quite a few for our container theme. I used the Strathmore Bristol paper and did dry brush technique. The pigments used were a glaze of Yellow Ochre with Alizarin Crimson and Cad Yellow Pale overlays. I opted not to paint a background. This is my first painting of "glassware," and I did find it challenging. I have a long way to go regarding capturing facets of light and will be doing some research to try to learn how to capture those.

1 comment:

Lin said...

OH MY GOSH!!! GLORIOUS! SIMPLY GLORIOUS!!! I OPENED YOUR NEW BLOG -- CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! AND THOUGH 'PHOTO!' -- I REALLY DID!! FANTASTIC, BRENDA! ONE OF YOUR BEST!!