Friday, September 29, 2006


Cabernet Harvest. The October theme for Kate's Alumni Group is Autumn/Harvest. I grew up in a small town in Northern California grape and wine country. A vivid memory I have is the harvest of the grapes in the fall. There was a winery near the elementary school I attended and I remember getting off the school bus and the pungent, sour aroma of the fermenting grapes permeating the cool, crisp fall air. All of us kids would wrinkle up our noses and say, yuck! Although I now live in Southern California, we have cool mornings in the fall and that special smell that comes with cooler weather always reminds me of the wineries of Northern California. This was done on Cotman paper, it is 7 x 9 and the paints are WN.

1 comment:

Lin said...

Your grapes are WONDERFUL, Brenda!! I JUST LOVE the color purple you achieved and the variations on the leaf colors!!! GREAT JOB on the stems, too!!! Now, my friend, where is the WINE?? LOL