Here's my second attempt at my idea for a collage style painting on Yupo. Wow - this one was a challenge! I decided to use Daniel Smith paints and found out real fast that when I put the masking tape on after letting the background dry (to get my square), it pulled quite a lot of the paint off. I tried scotch tape and it pulled off even more paint. I tried applying the masking tape and only pressing down a very slim edge of the paint, and it STILL pulled off the paint! So after washing this sheet of Yupo in the sink with soapy water THREE times, I free-handed with a brush each of the squares. This method did not give me a crisp line. Lesson learned: do not use DS paints for this technique!! When Kevin Davidson critiqued my last painting, he pointed out two critical points. One is that I needed three squares, not two. I KNEW this, using odd numbers rather than even, just didn't think of it at the time. The second point was to completely (with Qtips) clean the background off in the areas where I was going to paint the subject so I would get the transparency that IS watercolor. Yupo is bright white, so that was a critical point, especially with the yellows. I'm not giving up on this technique, I just am not using DS paints for it again!!