Tuesday, February 10, 2009


SF PAINTED LADY - INK AND WATERCOLOR POUR

The photo ref for this is from Different Strokes from Different Folks This is the very first watercolor pour I've ever done and there's PLENTY I'll do differently the next time around! I don't usually do architectural drawings or paintings and so the drawing was a stretch for me. After drawing with pencil I then went over my lines with a Pentel Pocket Brush Pen and then did the pours. After the pours were dry, I touched up places here and there. I would like to try to do this again. Since the drawing was much more detailed than I'm used to, I copied it so I can transfer onto another sheet of watercolor paper.

3 comments:

Lin said...

BREN! This is MARVELOUS!! I LOVE the raindow effect and the lines!! BEAUTIFUL rendering!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brenda, I found you through wetcanvas. I like this work; I think the pour is most appropriate to the subject. It's nicely done!

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Brenda, I like your drawing and the watercolor pour as a background is inspired.