Monday, July 23, 2007


Agapanthus Path at the Huntington Gardens
Life has been busy and kept me away from art for a month! It felt good to fill up my water containers and dip those brushes again. Irene, from Just Crazy About Dogs blogspot, and I went to the Huntington Gardens last Thursday and then to Dick Blicks - talk about a wonderful "art date!!" I did attempt a plein air at the gardens, which I'll not post here - ha ha. I took some photos and this lovely path was a photo I took. It is on Lama li.
My home remodeling is done, I still have to touch up the paint on the baseboards and also need to paint a bathroom. I am so happy with the end result and am anxious to get the final decorating items in place.

3 comments:

Lin said...

TERRIFIC! I LOVE the rich colors too! What a glorious pathway!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a really good time there, Brenda!

Emma Pod said...

Hi Brenda, it sounds like you're having a busy summer with remodeling. Have fun with the finishing touches! I haven't done alot of drawing myself - too busy with work and such. I love the bright purple colors in this painting. It looks like a wonderful, peaceful spot that you've captured.