Thursday, November 09, 2006

Yupo Sunflowers

My second Yupo experience. I drew the sunflowers with a rapidosketch fine point pen with permanent ink. The blue background is watercolor that I gently dabbed with a tissue for some texture before it was dry. The lighter version was done with Derwent Inktense Watercolor Pencils applied dry and gently blended with a wet brush. I thought it was too pale, so the darker version is where I added a layer of watercolor pigments. I was very careful with this layer as I wanted the lighter pencil pigments to show through.

4 comments:

Lin said...

These are so FUN and so prettily done, Brenda! Bright, colorful, FRESH! And I LOVE that touch of ink!!! BRAVA~!!

Teri said...

I love these experiments of yours. The darker version is my favorite. so interesting how the paint plays on the paper.

Wet Canvas has so many good things but I can never find my way around it.

Tami said...

These last few drawing are Great!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. In answer to your question; I used masking fluid on the lettering to perserve the white. Amazing stuff, that!

caseytoussaint said...

Hi Brenda - Your work is really nice - I really like the sunflowers. Thanks again for the Yup link - I'm really encouraged to try it now.