I've been tagged!
Mary, over at http://emmapod.blogspot.com/ and Lin at http://viewfromtheoak.blogspot.com/ have tagged me to list 7 things about myself that others may not know.
1) When I was in my early twenties, my grandmother taught me how to tat - I still enjoy this little hobby/thread craft and have even entertained the idea of teaching a class - then I look at my already full schedule and don't see how I can possibly add another activity!
2) I enjoy driving, even in heavy LA traffic. I especially like to drive in the rain, just so long as it's not a Texas style "raining cats and dogs" type downpour!
3) I love to read and usually am reading at least three books at one time. I go through periods where I feel like I'm going to run out of time before I can learn as much as I want. During those periods, I speed read and usually read at least one book a day - crazy huh?
4) I love to cook and bake. I collect recipes and cookbooks and am always sharing. I don't believe in keeping a good recipe secret. I'm almost always game to try new things -- DH and I just got home from visiting DD and SIL in Las Vegas, went to a fabulous Thai restaurant that served tempura dipped fried bananas with coconut ice cream - ABSOLUTELY TO DIE FOR!!
5) I was horribly addicted to cigarettes for 30 years - kicked that habit 7 years ago and know without a doubt that I will NEVER touch another one of those nasty things again!!
6) I would pick a camping vacation over a 5 star resort anytime, anyplace. I love being up close and personal in nature and enoying this wonderful world the Lord God has created for us.
7) I sincerely enjoy encouraging others. I don't get jealous of other's abilities and gifts, I love being challenged to improve my own skills and am thoroughly thrilled when I see growth in others as well.
I am going to tag Carol http://artbydabs.blogspot.com/ Irene http://justcrazyaboutdogs.blogspot.com/ Nelda http://nelsartmarks.blogspot.com/ Marilyn http://hrt2hrt4mike.blogspot.com/
I KNOW it's only 4 tags - but everyone else on my list has been tagged and double tagged!
Now, if you've read all these 7 things, that means you probably check in on my blog once in a while, so . . . I would like to add a little note. I've not been on my blog or the computer much of late because my dad passed away suddenly and unexpectedly on April 27th. He, my mom, and my youngest sister were vacationing in OK visiting family and friends. I had to fly from CA to OK, get my mom and youngest sister on a plane and then my other sister and I drove my mom's car home. It's been a very sad shock for us all. We have the comfort of knowing he is in heaven, but are still so saddened he's no longer here with us. Also, I've been eyeball deep in some home remodeling and naturally, not all has been going as planned! We've had a few setbacks, that basically just mean more time (and more frustration). I do hope to get back to my art, and especially the John Lidzey book ASAP!!